Thursday, April 4, 2019

April 2019. A New Way to Look at Things...


Welcome everyone to the new onrgallery.com. Our 20th Anniversary is quickly approaching and I just thought that it was time to switch things up.

Rather than maintain the same old "snoozefest" photo gallery filled to the brim with images that over time and updated technology just started looking smaller and grainier, I took a big deal of time, thought it through from start to finish, and decided that perhaps it was not only an opportunity to get rid of some of the crappier photos that were part of the original www.onrgallery.com, but to actually display what I felt as my best photos ever taken of the Ontario Northland all wrapped up in a nice, easy to navigate package.

Why the change? Well, in a nutshell, life got in the way. With my professional duties, some recent health concerns, and some other projects in the works for both myself and the ONRH&TS, I thought it would lessen my workload AND provide an easier navigating experience for those who choose to visit this website. Also, with this lovely blog software and hosting, I can refocus my energies on just keeping regular visitors informed of what I get to see along the mighty rails of the Ontario Northland without having to use a variety of obsolete website building software in order to create something that will be able to be viewed and enjoyed from any particular forum that you , as the reader, choose to use from a wall-sized big screen to the smallest cell phone. Anybody, anywhere can read about my life in general along the Ontario Northland without having to deal with a relatively simplistically designed website which would basically display oddly on certain forums. And of course, as technology has changed over the last 20 years, some of the photos that were part of onrgallery.com just began to look absolutely crappy. Those days are over.


But, don't worry. I still have an archive of photos at home and everyone is welcome to drop me a line if your searching for anything from historic photos, to modelling details of certain ONR equipment. If I got it, I'll be happy to share it. Simply drop me an email at mikerobin@onrgallery.com and I'll see if I can help you out.

I truly hope you enjoy the new changes, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to touch base in the comment section below.

Thank you to everyone who has supported onrgallery.com over the last 20 years. I hope that this new format will allow you to be right there with me as I capture images of Ontario Northland's Rail Division.

Mike




No comments:

Post a Comment